Reports To: ADMINISTRATOR AND/OR PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Supervises: Direct Care Staff
Job Summary – Full-Time (40+ Hours Per Week) & Part-Time
The Facility Manager shall be at least 21 years of age and is the responsible person on the premises with the authority and responsibility to manage and control the day-to-day operations of the overall function of their assigned facility. S/he coordinates staff communication and scheduling, all aspects of Program Participant services, and safety. Responsibilities include supervision of Program Participants on-site and in the community.
Minimum/Desired Qualifications and Experience
The FACILITY MANAGER shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B. S.) degree
- Prefer previous administrator/managerial experience
- Two years of full-time experience, or its equivalent, working with the population to be served, or equivalent education or experience, as determined by CDSS
- Previous employment as Direct Care staff for at least two (2) years
PRIOR TO ASSUMING THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FACILITY MANAGER, THE INDIVIDUAL MUST COMPLETE A MINIMUM OF ONE HOUR OF TRAINING DEVELOPED IN WRITING, MAINTAINED AND IMPLEMENTED BY THE LICENSEE AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR.
Sample Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the short-term residential therapeutic program
- Supervise the Direct Care staff, ensuring appropriate care and supervision is provided to Children And Non-Minor Dependents (NMD) in accordance with applicable laws, licensing regulations, and the facility policies.
- Supervise Children and non-minor dependents
- Oversee the planned activities required to be available to children and non-minor dependents
- Ensure the general upkeep of the facility
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of Title 22.
- Apply the “Reasonable and Prudent Parent Standard” regarding the Program Participant’s daily living and participation in the household care of the facility
- Report to the Administrator and make recommendations to address identified problems
- Any other duties that may be necessary to manage the facility
IN THE ABSENCE OF THE ADMINISTRATOR, THE FACILITY MANAGER IS THE DESIGNATED SUBSTITUTE.